How to protect your pet from fleas

Recover from Grief of Pet Loss

Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bailey the Pug! (2nd of our 4 legged crew)



Hi Everyone,
This is Bailey aka: pugalicious, she is the diva of our family.
We just celebrated her 8th bd. It's hard to believe she is already eight.
She is so little, under 18 lbs. There is so much I can say about her. She is the love of my life.
Our children say "they wouldn't have gotten away with half the stuff she does" Yep it's true she is my baby! Lets just say she can get me to do anything she wants. For instance she can turn on the "cute" and get me to give her treats, even when I know she doesn't need one.
I am so wrapped around that little puggie tail!
I bet you are wondering how we came to have this beautiful pug in our lives. Randy was getting his hair cut and our stylist came in with a basket. In this basket was the most beautiful pug puppies he'd ever seen. He asked our stylist if they were for sale, "not for at least 6 weeks she said" They were just born and went for their first vet check. After what seemed like forever, we were able to go and pick one out. As I sat on the floor in puggie heaven, a little girl came up to me and kissed my face. That was it, I was hooked. I picked her up and smelled her, you know how great puppies smell. Then she settled down in my lap and went to sleep. I knew she had picked me, and she was going home with us. I have been head over heels for this little girl ever sense.
We brought her home, we already had Mable our chow mix, that we had rescued from the Humane Society two years earlier. I was nervous about bringing Bailey home, Randy said " they will be fine, Mable is a wonderful dog." As we walk in the door with her, Mable was curious.
She didn't growl or bark, just sniffed Bailey and walked away, but not before she gave me a look that said "what is that noisy thing". The days went on, trying to get adjusted to our new bundle.
The first thing Mable did was to start drooling on Bailey. It was kinda scary, I was thinking maybe she wanted to eat her. Called our vet "We just got a new puppy and Mable is drooling on her so bad that I'm afraid she's going to eat her!" Once my vet stopped laughing, he told me that Mable was claiming her as her own pup. What a relief that was! Mable has always been a good mom to Bailey, very protective of her.
So that's how Bailey came to be.
We love all of our 4 legged babies. They are such a part of our family, not sure if we
could get along with out them.
Check back with us, as we tell you more antics of our 4 legged crew.
Thanks for reading,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment